1) Main site is Improve-Education.org. Articles there are scholarly in a lively way, and intended to last for years. This blog is for short newsy bits. 2) This site is pro-education, pro-teacher, and anti-Education Establishment.
Activist Educator Comes Out Four-Square Against Education
Jonathan Kozol pleaded with soon-to-be-graduated teachers at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia: “Don’t be drill sergeants for the state.” Kozol thus appeared to echo a refrain from Paolo Freire that the education of the poor and minorities should be minimal, lest these poor wretches become cogs in the capitalist-military-industrial complex. The solution, said Kozol, is that teachers must help children retain their “innocence.” Too much in the way of facts and knowledge could cause irreparable harm. Virginian-Pilot headline says, apparently without irony, "Buck system, Put kids first." Kozol appears to believe those nasty public schools are teaching way too much. Note: Antonio Gramsci, a real Communist, doubtless thought Freire a light-weight dilettante for opinions that will only hurt the children he says he cares about. Gramsci said the best thing is to give kids a really solid education. Me, too. Kozol agitates for "innocence." Isn't that code for dumbing down?
Fun on YouTube...I have 50+ graphic videos on YouTube. Educational and entertaining, often. Many deal with reading and educational strategies. Many have good music and need some volume. (Channel is: YouTube.com/BruceDeitrickPrice)
COMMENTS don't seem to work on this design. Here's a link to CONTACT page on Improve-Education.org
Bruce Deitrick Price
- Remain a novelist, artist, poet, and art director. But main activity is writing about education reform.. The schools, now bad due to ideology and laziness, could be easily improved. That claim is clearly explained in new book "Saving K-12--What happened to our public schools. How do we fix them?"I invite everyone to join my crusade or start your own. The worst thing is letting the Education Establishment continue its reign of incompetence.Visit Improve-Education.org. (Or Google Bruce Deitrick Price and any education topic; you'll find some interesting articles. I have 400 ed articles, videos, and book reviews on web. Please use them in your own battles.)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (24)
- Expect To See This Anti-Human Message In Your Loca...
- First Question: Were The Firemen Taught Math In Th...
- Republican Party Not Inclusive Enough, Says Colin ...
- How We Lost The Literacy Battle...
- The Education Enigma <> A Lively New Book
- Ministry of Truth Reports No Records Of George Orw...
- Activist Educator Comes Out Four-Square Against Ed...
- Democrats Should Be Blamed For Dumbing Down Educat...
- Educators and President Kill D.C. Vouchers
- Stunting Our Idea Of The Possible
- Can You Answer This Scary Education Riddle???
- ▼ 05 (11)