1) Main site is Improve-Education.org. Articles there are scholarly in a lively way, and intended to last for years. This blog is for short newsy bits. 2) This site is pro-education, pro-teacher, and anti-Education Establishment.
Stunting Our Idea Of The Possible
Here's what John Dewey and his social engineers have done to us....The striking thing about American education is that we are under-achievers, seeming to feel that a C is all a person could hope for. We dream small because, for many years, our educators have made the country dazed and stupid. Here's the scam: schools don't teach; and then bureaucrats wring their hands and say it must be drugs, parents, the internet, etc. Let me sum it up this way. If somebody binds the feet of little girls, that somebody doesn't want girls to run...You’ve seen "Jaywalking." You’ve seen all the statistics and surveys. Perhaps you’ve heard that the US has 50 million functional illiterates. This is crazy, tragic stuff. We have to learn to think big again. Let children rise as far as they are able. Let them run. Here's the pretty part: I think such a policy would benefit the slower students most of all--because schools would actually be trying to teach them something.
Fun on YouTube...I have 50+ graphic videos on YouTube. Educational and entertaining, often. Many deal with reading and educational strategies. Many have good music and need some volume. (Channel is: YouTube.com/BruceDeitrickPrice)
COMMENTS don't seem to work on this design. Here's a link to CONTACT page on Improve-Education.org
Bruce Deitrick Price
- Remain a novelist, artist, poet, and art director. But main activity is writing about education reform.. The schools, now bad due to ideology and laziness, could be easily improved. That claim is clearly explained in new book "Saving K-12--What happened to our public schools. How do we fix them?"I invite everyone to join my crusade or start your own. The worst thing is letting the Education Establishment continue its reign of incompetence.Visit Improve-Education.org. (Or Google Bruce Deitrick Price and any education topic; you'll find some interesting articles. I have 400 ed articles, videos, and book reviews on web. Please use them in your own battles.)
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (12)
- ► 2010 (24)
- Expect To See This Anti-Human Message In Your Loca...
- First Question: Were The Firemen Taught Math In Th...
- Republican Party Not Inclusive Enough, Says Colin ...
- How We Lost The Literacy Battle...
- The Education Enigma <> A Lively New Book
- Ministry of Truth Reports No Records Of George Orw...
- Activist Educator Comes Out Four-Square Against Ed...
- Democrats Should Be Blamed For Dumbing Down Educat...
- Educators and President Kill D.C. Vouchers
- Stunting Our Idea Of The Possible
- Can You Answer This Scary Education Riddle???
- ▼ 05 (11)